[lug] kvm drive i/o - nfs vs direct mount

David Ahern dsahern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:38:56 MDT 2011

On 04/05/11 20:00, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> I suspect its gperf as opposed to perf on Ubuntu.  I'll try that one.

gperf is something else entirely.
$ yum info gperf
Description : Gperf is a perfect hash function generator written in C++.
Simply
            : stated, a perfect hash function is a hash function and a data
            : structure that allows recognition of a key word in a set
of words
            : using exactly one probe into the data structure.

versus perf
$ yum info perf
Description : This package provides the perf tool and the supporting
documentation.