[lug] Bicycle Computers

Brennen Bearnes bbearnes at gmail.com
Thu May 5 19:51:10 MDT 2011

I've had good intentions for a while now of building an Arduino-based bike
computer. I've got all the components, pretty much - solar panel, battery
charger, battery, weather-proof case, pile of LEDs - but so far haven't
mustered the ambition to do more than rig up the case to attach to the rack.

I've thought seriously about using a BeagleBoard or gutting one of the old
netbooks I have laying around, just to say hey, my bike runs Linux, but I
worry about power requirements (and possibly weight). It seems like I can
pretty well keep an Arduino going indefinitely on solar, at least for the
two hours or so I ride in a day.

-- Brennen