[lug] Nagios help?

Matt James matuse at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:08:27 MDT 2011

BLUG,
   I have been messing around with Nagios Core on a CentOS box for the last
few weeks.  It's pretty cool - and I know it can do boatloads more.  But
I've quickly reached my limit on knowledge.  Has anyone here messed with
Nagios and configured it successfully?  I have many questions, but here is
the short list:

1) What is the best way to do distributed monitoring?
2) How do you use passive checks?
3)  Why aren't all of the stupid commands available in my install and why is
it so dang hard to get new ones working?

Maybe a lunch and learn is more appropriate - since this isn't 100% a linux
thing.  If that's the case, there is lunch / beer / etc available in
exchange for a little hand holding.

TIA,

Matt James

--
Go Green!  Please do not print this e-mail unless it is completely
necessary.