[lug] TP-Link WN722N USB wireless adapter not working, Ubuntu 10.04

scott.herod at comcast.net scott.herod at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 15:02:04 MDT 2011

> The vendor's phone support wasn't helpful.
>
> "What operating system?"
>
> "Ubuntu 10.04."
>
> "No. What operating system?  Windows XP, Windows 7, ..."
>
> "Linux."
>
> "Okay.  We work with Linux.  Are you getting wireless?"
>
> "No. Do you have someone there who can help with Linux?"
>
> "Wait.  I will ask"  [hold music]  "No. We do not support Linux.  You
> must
> call Linux for support."

Did you see that yesterday IBM announced that they were going
to repurpose Watson to handle customer service and sales cold-calls?

I'm guessing that it will be able to do at least as well as this
vendor's tier 1 support.

(I wonder what will happen if one Watson makes a sales call to
a company where another Watson is handling incoming calls?
Will the Universe implode?)

Scott