[lug] linux distro on my windows laptop, vmware?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Jul 25 21:14:42 MDT 2011

John Vonachen wrote:
> installed Wubi.  Rebooted.  It did not work.  Uninstalled it.  Trying vmware
> player.

That's what I hate about Linux.  When you run into trouble there's no way to figure out what's
wrong.  No blogs where people describe similar problems, no mailing lists with helpful,
knowledgeable people to diagnose error messages, no error messages.

Your only choice is to try installing another distro and pray (or hope if you're not the religious
type).

;-)
Dave