[lug] OT: IE questions

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:02:32 MDT 2011

Folks,
I've just come across a (federal government) website in which I need
to submit a form. The website says: "This Web site only supports
Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7."
Questions:

1) the form looks fine in Chrome/Firefox 3.6 under linux. Do you think
that they just have that warning, but than the thing works? If the
answer is "who knows", do you think it's possible to decide the answer
looking at the HTML of the page?

2) weren't those IE version very old? And available only in windows
XP? Is is possible/easy to run them on Windows Vista? Windows 7?
Finding a M$ machine is already painful, finding a old one, it's even
worst :-(

Thanks,
Davide