[lug] Intel Storage Matrix RAID

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Nov 15 12:44:24 MST 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 12:32 -0700, Matt James wrote:
> Hey LUG,
>     Does anyone have any experience working with Intel Storage Matrix
> RAID and RHEL / CentOS?  Without going into too much detail, basically
> I'm having some funky things happen when trying to install to a RAID1
> setup.  I'm wondering if anyone else has ran into trouble with these
> controllers.  Google seems to advise to stay away from this
> configuration. :-(

As far as I know the Intel Matrix RAID stuff is only a BIOS layer for
booting. All of the RAID after the machine boots is done by the
operating system.

Now, last time I played around with this, Fedora automatically brought
up LVM configured to match the Intel RAID settings. There might be a LVM
device configured for your system.

--
Knowledge Is Power
Power Corrupts