[lug] iPod/mp3 players.

John Vonachen john.vonachen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 23:07:24 MST 2011

I use an Archos 5 internet tablet.  It doesn't have a camera but it has
everything else.  I would not recommend exactly what I have but I'll bet
Archos has other players similar and better.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:00 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us>wrote:

> Can anyone recommend something similar to an iPod that is more Linux
> friendly or less proprietary?
> I guess I mean something that includes a full size screen (like the iPod
> Touch) with a camera.  I
> don't know whether I care about movie playback and such.
>
> Besides the premium you pay to have an *Apple* product I saw an older iPod
> recently that wouldn't
> give up its pictures without heroic measures.  Uggh.  So I'd like
> something high quality, durable,
> that can be managed without iTunes-like service and with standard Linux
> tools.
>
> Bonus if it can play Ogg. :-)
>
> Thanks!
> Dave

rDch0FkiKFXdpHLLyDHVsTXVGdBAIHIUbjJG9mlYYCfMWBC0CSilnxRbxASWwc
My final thoughts on Taoism and the philosophy of Wittgenstein:*
Beliefs are made of words but the world is not.*

<http://amikosoftware.com/songs/>
<http://amikosoftware.com/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://www.amikosoftware.com/animate/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/giggleSquare/>