[lug] Feb blug talk

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sun Jan 22 10:34:45 MST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-22 at 10:17 -0700, Davide Del Vento wrote:
> On Ubuntu 8.04 with good ole GNOME 2 my wife uses skype 2.2.0.35 (and
> actually two instances
> of it running side-by-side at the same time) and Google videochat in
> Firefox. I use Google videochat in chrome. It works like a charm, we
> do a videocall with one of the 4 and hear one of the other ring if
> somebody calls there. IIRC, once we even answered before closing the
> other and had a contemporary dual-call. Not sure why we need 4 things
> at the same time, though :-)

Google videochat might be an option at work since my cohort is a Chrome
fan anyway.  I'll look into it.  But I'm trying to avoid the "one vendor
to rule them all" scenario.  Google is my search engine.  Firefox is my
browser.   Skype for video chat (until ekiga works better).

This will work, but I just gotta figure out how to get XFce/F16 to allow
two applications access to the sound device at one time.

Thanks for the tip though.
--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>