[lug] Customizing Gnome Shell

Maxwell Spangler maxlists at maxwellspangler.com
Mon Feb 13 18:21:30 MST 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 12:59 -0700, Will wrote:
> All Gnome 3 users and those that have switched desktops because they
> hated the Gnome Shell should look at the official Shell
> Extensions website, https://extensions.gnome.org.  Gnome Shell is
> customized with extensions instead of having a smorgasbord of options
> in the settings menu.  Most of the gripes I've heard about the GNOME
> Shell are addressed in extensions available at the website.

+1

I found this last week while setting up my first laptop with Fedora 16.
I can't remember what I installed other than a system monitor extension
but it gave me hope that they're going to provide some of us with what
we need in order to really try Gnome3.

--
Maxwell Spangler
        Linux System Administration / Computing Services