[lug] stupid encrypted hard disk question

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Tue May 22 14:47:45 MDT 2012

My partitions are well under half of the current vg and I have a 500GB
eSATA drive with a second vg on top of that so disk usage is not an issue.
In fact /home still lives on the eSATA drive since I haven't copied it over
yet - the current vg just has / and /opt.

The 11.04 alternate loader let me set up LVM over an encrypted partition
but it clearly never turned on the encryption. I obviously just need to
make sure that grub and encryption under / are kept in sync.