[lug] MySQL vs PostgreSQL

Dan Ferris dan at usrsbin.com
Fri Aug 3 18:00:34 MDT 2012

MySQL is very loosy goosey with your data by default.

Here is a comparison that shows how MySQL behaves vs. Postgres.  I think
you can make MySQL much stricter, but you would not want to use the
default settings anywhere you cared about data integrity.

http://wekeroad.com/2012/07/19/postgresql-rising

The downside of Postgres is that it's not easy.  I have been dealing
with it for 2 years and I still suck at it. :)

Dan