[lug] How to become a UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator overnight

John Dollison johndollison at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 2 10:21:36 MST 2012

Thanks for the responses!  The interview went OK, but they wanted more experienced SysAdmins (my skills are more toward hardware installation & maintenance, with some software development).  I think the best general "What does a SysAdmin do?" info was here: The "Where do I start" chapter of the UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook:http://www.admin.com/samples/Start.pdf  And the Careers in Operations link at Ops School:http://ops-school.readthedocs.org/en/latest/careers.html And, "So, You Wanna Be a Sysadmin?"http://tomoconnor.eu/blogish/so-you-wanna-be-sysadmin/ Hopefully this info will be useful to someone else on the list who might be considering becoming a SysAdmin. John  From: anichols at trumped.org