[lug] Fwd: FW: Seeking IT / tech writers for the company I'm working for

Ferdinand Schmid ferdinand at schmidix.net
Mon Feb 4 20:54:10 MST 2013

Hello,

A former coworker of mine, Laurel VanDriest, is looking for contract tech
writers (see below).

Please respond to her or the contact at the very bottom of this email
DIRECTLY if you are interested.

Sorry for the poor formatting, I am sending this message from my Android.

Ferdinand

> From: Laurel Van Driest [mailto:laurel.vandriest at gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Seeking IT / tech writers for the company I'm working for
>

> In addition, Bard is requesting that applicants including the following
in their submittal:
> -Availability
> -Hourly rate
>
> Thanks,
>
> Laurel
>
> The company with which Grant has been contracting for for the past 9
months now has some open contract positions that they want to fill
immediately.

> The company is opening a US office and the current plan is for it to be
based in Longmont, CO (!).  I'm working on the administrative relocation
aspects, and also the solicitation of appropriate resumes.  Of course I
thought of you, as you might know someone(s) qualified / interested.

> Here's the scoop:
>

> Bard (http://www.bardwrite.com/) is looking immediately to fill a number
of positions with writers who have XML experience and network security
knowledge and experience in at least some of the following areas:

> Cloud/Network security
> Email/Web security
> Security policies
> Intrusion prevention
> Encryption
> Authentication
> Mobile device management
> VPN management
>
> On a separate requirement, Bard is looking for multiple writers with
experience doing hardware and software documentation, ideally in networking
(switching, routing, wireless, or combination), with an emphasis on data
center switching and network management. XML experience will be a definite
plus. There is also a desire for at least a couple of writers with writing
for mobile use or video-creation experience.

> Obviously not everyone will have all this experience, but a successful
applicant will have some of it.

> The other information I have at this time is that:
>
> The writing will be done using FrameMaker and or XML (client-provided).
> The client will be doing the writer selection (Bard will pass the
qualified names/resumes to them).
> The client is a major player in the networking world and is looking at
this being a long-term contract opportunity, running through at least 2013.
The usual contract is six months.
> There is currently no requirement for the writers to be on-site, so
non-US applications are welcome, provided they meet the other requirements.
> Writers will start as US 1099 contractors; Bard is examining the option
of making a W2-contract available later in 2013

admin at bardnangleann.com ASAP.