No subject

Tue Jun 4 12:17:20 MDT 2013

  LI   The first stage boot loader was able to load the second stage boot
    loader, but has failed to execute it. This can either be caused by a
    geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/boot.b without running the map
    installer.

In my case it was a geometry mismatch.  Are you using some sort of driver that
came
with your hard drive that remaps the drive to different sector/head/cylnder
scheme?
Check the large drive howto (/usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/Large-Disk) and look for
things like
LBA or sector remaping.
I was under the impression that later Linuxs took care of most of this.
The other thing I would check is to make sure the /boot partition is
completely under
cylinder 1024. (to get around a BIOS limitation that i understand to be fixed
in some of the
newer BIOSes).

Good luck,
Carl.