No subject

Tue Jun 4 12:17:20 MDT 2013

get a job in the UNIX world.  You need three things:

1.  A piece of paper that says that you graduated from college.  A lot
of times, this isn't even necessary.  One of the smartest people I
know is a high school drop-out.

2.  The desire to learn.  If you go in to a job interview and tell
them that you'll learn anything, and quickly, then the chances that
you'll be offered the job are a lot higher than if you go in there and
show off all your skills and act like you know everything.

3.  Experience.  That's the name of the game.  If you've only got
experience using UNIX at home, then tell the interviewer that!  But
also tell them about your desire to learn.

Now, seeing as I haven't graduated yet, I'm living proof that people
will hire non-CS degree employees in the UNIX/networking world.

--
PC Drew

"To understand recursion, we must first understand recursion."

Text Pager: www.messaging.sprintpcs.com/
Cell Phone: 720.839.5222