[lug] web site advice needed

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 18:51:07 MDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> I'll say WordPress, just to start a fight.

Actually, that was one I was looking at, since I found instructions at

http://www.ehowstuff.com/how-to-install-wordpress-blog-on-rhel-6/

which makes it look easy enough that even a click-monkey-by-day can do it.

But my understanding has always been that the data base server should
be separate from the application server should be separate from the
web server.    And these instructions look like everything installs on
one server.

PS -- When you says "just to start a fight", are you implying that
there is some reason I shouldn't use Word Press?

PPS - the other option is simply to host the blog at Word Press, and
have a link to that from my web server.