[lug] Firewall Appliance Recommendation?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 15:34:45 MST 2014

I used Sonicwall devices more recently than you, but it was still awhile
ago. They were generally OK, but really expensive to use. Keeping their
support current was pretty critical, and it was not cheap. At that employer
I ended up switching to Imagestream Envoys, and they worked great, costing
a fraction of what the Sonicwall (or Cisco) devices cost. I don't recall
anything negative about them, and would use them again in a heartbeat if
the need arose:

http://www.imagestream.com/

I've also good luck rolling my own based on kit from Routerboard.com, but
that doesn't sound like what you're after. Just in case though:

http://routerboard.com/

QH