[lug] redirecting into mail

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Jan 31 16:29:40 MST 2014

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 15:34:44 -0700
stltner at indra.com wrote:

> So Unix/tcsh is dumping a line feed into my command line ahead of the
> redirect string.

You're sure that's what's happening? Seems odd to me.

What flavor of Unix?

I tried 'man mail' and I get the mailx manpage. Indicates that maybe an
incantation such as 'mailx -s subject address < abc.msg would work, as
Orion suggested.

That seems a cumbersome way to send mail, and I would hope some other
method would be available. You can ssh into the box, so maybe using a port
forward would allow you to use a local MUA to hit port 25 on your host?