[lug] Linux for New User (Desktop OS)

Dan Ferris dan at usrsbin.com
Fri May 23 21:00:28 MDT 2014

Here's my shout out for Kubuntu.  I've been using it exclusively now for
almost 6 months and it's pretty great.  The upgrade from 13.10 to 14.04
was flawless (something that's never happened to me before).

KDE will feel the most familiar to you if you are used to Windows, but
you can customize it easily to be exactly how you like.

I usually recommend to people that they avoid Unity.  Unity is the
WIndows 8 of the Linux world.

Dan