[lug] Computer For Small Retail Business

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 13:05:41 MDT 2014

A friend of mine who operates his own retail shop is moving to a
larger store, and asked me for recommendations for replacing his
current computer setup, which is an old MacBook with a broken
keyboard.

My recommendation to him was

- Acer 720 Chromebook:  $240
- Samsung SL-M202W "Cloud Print" compatible printer:  $65

My reasoning is in this document ( 7 page PDF ):

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9AN5yLBiVOnb05UdzRJNTducUk/

If any of you have other suggestions, or criticisms, I would appreciate them.

Keep in mind that this guy is not a technical user, so I want him to
be able to do his work without having to call me for help all of the
time.