[lug] Computer For Small Retail Business

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 15:29:34 MDT 2014

I think Chromebook and Chromebox are an excellent choice IF YOU MAKE SURE
your user fully understand the "limited functionality". For example, in
Google docs you cannot have text rotated vertically (in a way often times
people do in fliers, e.g. to have an address the reader of the flier tears
away). This is just an example, there are many many things people are used
to with MS Office, Libre Office or even KOffice that Google docs lacks. At
work we have Google Docs and some people joke that it does not have any
feature whatsoever, besides the "sharing" (which your user does not need,
if I understand correctly).

He can try the "Chromebook experience" on his Mac already. Unistall
everything and see if he can live with his browser only.