[lug] Linux Laptop

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 13:08:14 MDT 2014

I installed Crouton on my $200 chromebook, but later removed it. Whenever I
want Linux, I create a box on Google Cloud Services, which handles all the
keys and launches a terminal for me. On Crouton, everything -- fonts,
icons, ... -- are smaller than I'd like, and the whole thing felt like a
bag on the side of ChromeOS.  On a cloud box, it's just a normal server
that I'm ssh'd into.

Of course, that just reflects my personal tastes. YMMV.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Stephen Kraus <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> http://blog.cnicodeme.com/install-fedora-20-on-a-hp-butterfly-chromebook
>
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Michael J. Hammel <
> mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2014-10-16 at 13:49 -0400, Stephen Kraus wrote:
>> >
>> http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343
>>
>> Thanks for the link.  However Crouton is just a variation on ChrUbuntu
>> that puts you in a chroot.  Since my problem was I needed my own kernels
>> (or Fedora's) and not ChromeOS's kernel it doesn't really suffice.
>>
>> Thanks anyway.
>> --
>> Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>

>> Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],
http://www.youtube.com/user/goyishekop [vlog]
*פרייהייט? דאס איז יאַנג דינען וואָרט.*