[lug] Linux laptops

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 09:54:20 MST 2014

I've been researching the Yoga Pro 3 pretty heavily, and one important note
about it is that it is one of the first machines on the market with one of
the Core M CPUs, which look great on paper, but this particular
implementation seems to have problems. It looks like they are
over-aggressively throttling the CPU and as a result people are having
performance trouble. It's unclear if it's a Windows / Driver issue or a
BIOS issue since I haven't found anyone who has done any testing in the
real world. Unless you are willing to be a guinea pig, it might be worth
holding out until the root of the problem is identified and/or resolved.