[lug] Atom text editor

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:31:10 MDT 2015

I'm anxious to hear your results on this experiment. I tried out atom a
couple weeks ago and there was a lot to like. Ultimately I decided it
wasn't a good time to learn a new editor and went back to my normal vi /
geany combo.

One caveat I ran into is that the performance is _really bad_ with large
files. I frequently have need to work with files with tens of thousands of
lines, and those put a noticeable hurt on atom. More normal sized files
seemed fine.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Jeffrey S. Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com