[lug] Adding kernel driver to a raspberry pi

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 17:04:36 MST 2016

If you want, just install to the incorrect location (which it seems to want to do), and then use mv to rename the directory if there are no valid uses for that one. Alternately, you could also cp -adpR, or even add a symbolic link so both exist as the same thing.

----- Original Message -----From: Jonathan Eidsness <jonathan.eidsness at gmail.com>To: lug at lug.boulder.co.usSent: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:53:25 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: [lug] Adding kernel driver to a raspberry pi

stimits,

Thanks for the idea, but it still doesn't work.  Changing CONFIG_LOCALVERSION gets me part of the way toward having the driver installed in the right place, but the plus in "4.1.13+-v7" is in the part of the string before CONFIG_LOCALVERSION.

That said, do you know what it would entail to simply handle the modules_install part myself? It looks like I would need to copy the .ko files into /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra directory and maybe register the driver in some other file.

Jonathan Eidsness303-725-0215