[lug] Packt Publishing?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Jul 20 08:57:23 MDT 2017

It was a while back, but my vague recollection was that they asked me
to write for them but paid diddly compared to Linux Journal, Linux
Format (UK), No Starch Press and Pearson, all of which I'd already
written for.  So I didn't do it.  No idea how they compare now,
however.  I haven't read any of their publications (that I remember) so
can't comment on their quality.

How-to writing (and now, videos) is very time consuming to get right,
and at the low rates it is hard to justify the time unless it is some
kind of labor of love.

Don't know about the video series world, but if you want to get into
writing I'd check with No Starch Press.  I've enjoyed working with them
in the past.  And while I don't get rich from it, the residuals (in the
very low 3 digits) from my books are still coming in twice a year.  Not
sure how much longer that will last as the books are gettin' old.

--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>