[lug] Packt Publishing?

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Thu Jul 20 10:27:25 MDT 2017

I've been assuming that it would be 20 hours or so for each one-hour
video, and they want one out every two weeks. I don't think I can make
that schedule work.

I *might* be able to do one a  month after my life settles down a bit.

They want the series to be on Practical DevOps Security. That would
certainly be a good topic to cover.

Since security folks can't keep up with "normal" change rates - just
imagine how hard it is to keep up with a properly-running DevOps
environment where you have a release every week or two - or even
continuous deployment - where you might have several updates per day...

And Docker makes that harder by "hiding" dependencies and
vulnerabilities inside containers... And sharing secrets with containers
- so many ways to do that wrong...

So, it's an interesting topic, and very much needed...

--
  Alan Robertson
  alanr at unix.sh