[lug] Thoughts on upgrading to CentOS 7

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Mon Mar 26 17:12:05 MDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 9:27 AM, Steve Litt wrote:

> An alternative would be to see this as an opportunity to explore other
> distros. Plenty of distros have decided not to require their users to
> move to the controversial systemd.

A very reasonable suggestion. With 20-20 hindsight, I might have not walked
down this path. There isn't one thing that's been too complicated to code
around, it's the fact that there are so many of them.

init systems like runit or s6. This is *not* true of systemd, which
> contains several "poison pills" making it extremely difficult to
> replace.

What are the poison pills?

Rob