[lug] Binary Distros - Custom Package Feature Selection

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Sat Jun 23 15:16:41 MDT 2018

Thanks to all for the info.

I had been thinking it would be easier to bring somebody on
board if we used a mainstream binary distro. Now I think
it will be a wash since there would be various exceptions
to the defaults for someone to learn. So I will just
consolidate things and use gentoo which as a very good
system for handling source builds, parameterized init
scripts and a good way of handling configuration file
changes introduced by package version changes.