[lug] Debugging a startup problem

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Jul 9 09:22:27 MDT 2018

USB under-power seems to be a disease.  RPi's have had it for awhile -
I have a hard time running a Wifi Dongle + USB stick from which I share
videos at the same time unless I use a powered USB hub, even with 3A
wall warts.  My desktop has  always had problems with USB ports
dropping out.  I just lived with it since I didn't (until recently when
I started programming ESP8266s) use USB much.

I need to get a new Mobo for my desktop eventually too.  I tend to
squeeze the last life out of mine, but it's gotta be >10 years old.  My
Plex server (and the system that provides the USB connected drives for
it) are even older.  Probably time.