[lug] Two (or more) separate X logins on different virtual terminals?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:12:10 MST 2018

This does not answer the question in your subject, but it may be good
enough for chrome. This is what I do myself (actually for different
purposes, but anyway):

1) create at least two separate users, maybe more
2) login into X (with mate, in my case, but I don't think it'd matter) with
one of them
3) do whatever your WM requires to allow others to use it (it may be
nothing), for my is xhost +
4) then su'ing into the other user from a terminal, and starting chrome (or
firefox) will give you access to a fully separate instance of the browser
-- you can do this for as many users you want, and using virtual desktops
(and multiple monitors) make it really a pleasant walk in the park to the
user

Note: this solution REALLY stresses the system, particularly memory-wise,
so make sure you have at least 256 gazillions of RAM