[lug] Revtex 4.2 on Older Fedora?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sat Jun 1 15:36:54 MDT 2019

Hi,

I'm hoping someone has some revtex advice here. I have an older Fedora 27 system with revtex 4.1, but it needs update.

There is a zip file available for revtex 4.2, and this unpacks with paths probably intended to be at the root directory "/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/". It wouldn't be proper to overwrite these RPM based files by unpacking a zip file there, but probably this could be added by direct unpacking to somewhere like "/usr/local/share/texlive/texmf-dist/".  Then I'd have to figure out how to deal with part of the system in the "/usr/share/" location, and the rest in "/usr/local/share/". Is this the right way to add revtex4.2 on my older Fedora?

Thanks!