[lug] Revtex 4.2 on Older Fedora?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sun Jun 2 13:07:49 MDT 2019

> On June 1, 2019 at 5:30 PM Davide Del Vento <davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I do not know anything about revtex, but I suggest compiling from source rather than a binary, if possible.

One of the confusing parts about this is that revtex is just a latex template and isn't a binary (think of it as the html apache might serve where only the html is being updated and not apache). I'm trying to learn to use TeXstudio, and I don't see any configuration within it for where it finds various templates (e.g., amslatex), so I'm guessing that if I add anything to "/usr/local/share/", then any underlying mechanism will still revert back to using the original "/usr/share/". Maybe what I'll do is save a copy of the original directories under "/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/" and overwrite with the zip file just to see what happens (and if it fails I can just put the backup copy back in place). I'm just finding it difficult figure out how the default search path is being used under TeXstudio (or just command line LaTeX).