[lug] talk / workshop idea

Matt James matuse at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 10:13:30 MDT 2019

I'd be interested in a workshop of sorts for these topics.  I've got my own
ideas of how to do things and I've implemented some of it but the CI guy in
my says I can always do one better.  I'd be happy to talk about what I've
done for my SOHO and customers but would more like to collaborate with
others on what they've done and how well ti works. etc.

A few teasers - I use Ubiquiti gear including their APs, routers, and
switches.  I VLAN private / guest / IOT / kids network segments.  I filter
guest / IOT / Kids to different extents.  Tools include PiHole, Untangle,
and OpenDNS (Umbrella).

I'd like to come up with some methods for mere mortals ie: how would you
explain this stuff to your mom.  Much of what I've done is WAY too
complicated for the average home user.

My $0.02

Matt