[lug] How do I disable F10 Bluetooth intercept.

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Mon Oct 21 13:05:27 MDT 2019

On 10/21/19 12:27 PM, Dave Pitts wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I've just loaded Fedora 30 on two of my laptops and one of them is
> intercepting F10 to toggle Bluetooth. How do I disable this? I've
> several terminal emulators that need F10 and I can't have the OS
> intercepting it.

I doubt that this is Fedora doing it. It's more likely to be the laptop
keyboard using Function Mode for its F keys.

For example, on my Dell the radio enable/disable key is on Print Screen.
The other F keys are assigned things like Mute, Volume Up, Brightness, etc.

On my keyboard there is a Fn key which switches between Function Mode.
If I want F1 instead of Mute I can press Fn+F1. I can also press
Fn+Escape to toggle Function Mode on and off. Then if I want Mute I
press Fn+F1, otherwise I get F1.

Different model laptops do different things so you'll have to investigate.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil