[lug] CANCELLED: Boulder Linux User's Group - March Meeting - Boulder Linux Users Group - Mar 12, 2020

Jonathan Corbet corbet-bldrlug at lwn.net
Mon Mar 16 17:17:13 MDT 2020

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 17:05:40 -0600
Davide Del Vento <davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would not have attended anyway, but I agree with Valentina.
> The cure has become worse than the disease.
> I hope Colorado does not turn like Italy (unfortunately so far it's
> following that path quite closely). In case you missed it, in Italy now you
> need a police permit to get out of your house. Given the choice, I'd rather
> die for COVID-19 than withstand such a mandatory restriction

And how many people are you willing to infect to avoid such restrictions?

FWIW in Italy (where I was until a couple of weeks ago - yes, I've kept
myself locked up since) you don't need a "police permit", you need a self
certification that you're going out for a necessary reason, which can
include work, getting food, etc.  It sucks, but having your health-care
system collapse also sucks, and they have managed to (barely) avoid that
so far.

jon