[lug] curiosity about WFH

Steve Webb bigwebb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:44:09 MDT 2020

I work for the National Renewable Energy Labratory in Golden.  We were 4x
10's with 50% WFH.  We're now 100% WFH with the option to go into the
office if needed (office is not closed) as of last Thursday.

- Steve

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:28 AM Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 05:00:17PM -0600, Davide Del Vento wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > I'm curious about the WFH policies at various companies (your employers).
> > Have they relaxed the WFH options? Mandated WFH?
> >
> > My employer, NCAR/UCAR, on March 6th relaxed its policies from the
> previous
> > sort of "discuss options with your supervisors and find a mutual
> agreement"
> > to "if you do not feel comfortable coming to work, any employee may
> choose
> > to work from home". Last Friday, March 13th, almost at the end of the
> day,
> > they made WFH mandatory for practically everybody and forbade access by
> > staff to its buildings starting tomorrow at noon. On Sunday PM, they even
> > abruptly cancelled shuttle and cafeteria services for today, making it
> > quite challenging for those who do not drive and needed to collect items
> > from office before the building became off-limits.
> >
> > Anybody willing to share what others are doing? I'm quite curious.
>
> My Company (Red Hat), went to all work from home (aside critical needs)
> last week:
>

> https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/what-red-hat-doing-address-coronavirus-covid-19
>
> About 1/3 of the company is work from home normally, but I imagine the
> other 2/3rds may have some adjustments needed.
>
> kevin

Sent from Steve Webb's gmail account.
http://badcheese.com / http://twitter.com/scumola