[lug] COVID19

Maxwell Spangler lists at maxwellspangler.com
Sun Mar 22 12:53:08 MDT 2020

I'm not the owner of this list, and I'm not intending to police this
list.
My message below is peer pressure to remind people that we're not here
to argue and insult each other.  That's not what people sign up for and
its not what our community reads right now.
I think sharing your thoughts is OK and you seem to have done that with
your other email. You're engaging in discussion. There's nothing wrong
with that.  It can be insightful and productive and revealing.
But venting towards others in a time when we're all filled with
frustration and fear is ultimately selfish.  So I'm asking that people
refrain from it and do something productive:
... Like have a 50 message discussion thread about why vim is the best
editor of all time.  You know, get back to the unified, open source and
free software community we've always strived to be...  Once people stop
using emacs.
Maxwell

--
Maxwell Spangler