[lug] Open Source Video Encoding Formats...Multiple Video Layers?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 15:54:03 MDT 2020

Hi,

I've been tinkering a bit and thinking about video formats. I was looking to see if there were any formats which support recording video in layers which can later be edited on each layer, layers enabled/disabled, so on. Unfortunately I never found anything, and especially nothing for open source/free formats. Has anyone here ever heard of an open source video encoding format or file format supporting video in layers?

Thanks!