[lug] Open Source Video Encoding Formats...Multiple Video Layers?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:03:50 MDT 2020

The gold standard for open source video is WebM but I do not think it
supports your use case. In fact I do not know of any standard that
does, you might scavenger at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_file_format
Probably some proprietary format from proprietary video editing might
support that, but I think whoever would need that would do chroma
keying (I know, not full fledged as you asked, but who really needs
more than that other than the animation movie studios?)