[lug] Linux laptop

Elyse M Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Wed Apr 29 13:36:40 MDT 2020

I own 3 System76  laptops and love them. I get emails about their new
models and lust after them, but the current workhorses are so solid I'm
not likely to need to replacement any time soon.

My 'traveling' laptop is a Lemur from 2016 . If/when it dies I'll
replace it with something that uses solid state instead of a hard drive.

The others are 2 slightly different models of 17" Gazelle -- one from
2012 and one from 2015 that I got when the hard drive died in the older
one, which was slightly under-specced for running virtual clients. (Then
I replaced the hard drive in the 'smaller' one, so I still have it
available as a backup in case the main one dies...)

I need to make plans to upgrade the LCS Ubuntu on all of them later this
year...

Elyse Grasso