[lug] monitoring kids

Glenn Murray glenn.murray at gmail.com
Fri May 8 16:08:30 MDT 2020

Hi Davide,

As your subject line is "monitoring kids", I would respectfully point out
that
you may be asking on the wrong list.  You don't say how old your kids are,
or
what specifically you fear, but this is a parenting problem, not a
technology
problem.

That said, I see that the MG7540 user manual has six pages on parental
controls.  For my kids, for a few years, I found it useful to restrict
device
access to certain hours.  White lists, black lists, whatever, you will not
be
in control for very long.  Once they get a phone it's all over.

There is a sure solution.  My wife teaches at an orthodox Jewish girls
school,
and many of these girls are kept "safe" by not having any access to any
internet, ever, not to mention being forbidden to speak to non-family males
in
private.  Works like a charm.

Cheers,
Glenn