[lug] FAT32 USB drive

geobodley at aol.com geobodley at aol.com
Sun May 17 09:24:21 MDT 2020

I put a USB stick with my back up files which was formatted to ext4 into my Samsung tablet and Android formatted it without asking my permission.   My files were there but I couldn't see them.   I was able to recover them, but without their proper name which is a real pain.   You have to look at them one by one to see what it is.   I hate to use FAT 32, but sometimes you are forced to and I despise Android taking it upon itself to format a device without ask for permission.