[lug] Jitsi, etc.

Mike Witt msg2mw at gmail.com
Sun May 17 10:55:26 MDT 2020

This thread is a bit old, but I just wondered if anyone has an insight
into the video quality if Jitsi vs Zoom.

I'm doing an online physics study group, and I'm using the white board
(real, not virtual). This works OK with Zoom. But the video quality
(that I've experienced) with Jitsi is not good enough for people to
read the writing on the board.

Some specifics:

(1) We've A/Bed it a couple of times switching back and forth. Same
devices, same time, etc.

(2) I have not done anything special to configure Jitsi (or Zoom).

(3) I have not tried to run my own Jitsi server. I'm just using the
free one.

Any thoughts on this. Is there some configuration I can do with Jisti
that might help? I'd really rather use Jitsi if I can.

-Mike