[lug] BigBlueButton

Mike Witt msg2mw at gmail.com
Sun May 24 09:45:55 MDT 2020

On 05/23/2020 08:38:45 AM, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> FWIW, I just hosted a 50-person development conference with
> BigBlueButton:
>
> 	https://lwn.net/Articles/820337/
>
> I got lots of comments from attendees about how they like the
> platform,
> better than Zoom.  We're currently planning to use it for the Linux
> Plumbers Conference, which is an order of magnitude larger.

Were you running your own server?

I recently tried it and there are a number of restriction when I just
sign up for the "free" account. I don't see anyway to buy an account,
and from looking at the users group it appears that you need to run
your own server.

Is that correct, of is there some way I can pay a fee to remove the
time, recording and video restrictions?

-Mike