[lug] Jitsi, etc. (Michael Hirsch)

Mike Witt msg2mw at gmail.com
Sun May 24 12:12:34 MDT 2020

On 05/24/2020 11:09:15 AM, Stephen Queen wrote:
> I might be out of my depth on this, but could we as a group set up a
> BBB
> server? Sort of like ham radio operators have repeaters. What would
> be the
> costs? How could we share the costs among the users?

FWIW, I don't know whether my experience with the limitations of Jitsi
video was related to the fact that I was using the Jitsi *free* server.
So my previous comment about Jitsi video not being as good as Zoom (or
maybe BBB) might not apply to a properly configured server. I guess one
would have to try out the specific software/server combination to know
if it's going to work "well enough" for one's use case.

-Mike