[lug] compatibility (not even backward!) issues

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 06:41:41 MDT 2020

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 6:35 AM Davide Del Vento <davide.del.vento at gmail.com>
wrote

> Things that bug me are others, like... let me start a new thread instead
> of hijacking this one...

In case you haven't seen this one, it's pretty.... interesting (make sure
you check what the maintainers of the other packages said). This is a
serious issue of "present" compatibility which can be solved only breaking
backward compatibility until someone picks a name someone else already
picked and it breaks again: https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/4625

Well, hopefully https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/988 will solve it, but
it's only 7 years old, so don't hold your breath. And perhaps it's out of
scope....