[lug] Unhiding Ubuntu Accounts

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Wed Nov 25 13:18:50 MST 2020

> On 11/25/2020 1:06 PM Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org> wrote:
>

> On 11/25/20 1:57 PM, D. Stimits wrote:
> > Looks like all of that was correct, e.g., ID number. This was actually an issue of using usermod to rename the account which already had all of those settings enabled, but the X GUI login itself still uses the old name which does not even exist now. It is a new system, so I am going to just see if I can install some other version of Linux while there is nothing to harm.
>
> Well if you want to. It's kind of a Windows way to fix things and you'll
> never learn what was actually going on.

You are of course correct. Unfortunately, I have been working on this since Friday of last week, have been fixing issues since then, and want it online before tonight. Much more fun when there is no time crunch. :(

I wanted to switch to Kubuntu instead of Ubuntu anyway, so it was always a guarantee Ubuntu was history.