[lug] KDE w/plasma 5

Gary Hodges - NOAA Affiliate gary.hodges at noaa.gov
Wed Dec 23 12:17:46 MST 2020

A few months ago I installed Debian 10 buster, updating from version 8, and
am only now configuring the desktop, taskbar, etc to my liking.  For years
I configured my wallpaper with a vertical gradient, but with plasma 5 the
gradient option is no more.  I have found one person posting about this
on-line.

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=155952

There was a helpful comment, but the offered solution is not quite detailed
enough for my skill set.

I have downloaded the tool and template as suggested and have created the
initial core of what I'm calling GradientWall.  I see the QML wrapped code
that was also offered in the link above, but I'm stuck on how I "wrap" it
with my GradientWall creation.

In the ~src/gradientwall/plugin directory there are two files:
gradientwallplugin.cpp
gradientwallplugin.h

Guessing I'm supposed to incorporate the QML code into one of these files???

Gary